We use partner links and can receive low purchase costs. Read more
Looking for a way to thoroughly clean your home without the use of chemicals? Steam. Yeah, steam can do a trick.
Steam cleaners use the power of superheated water to remove bacteria, mould, mildew, dirt and other harmful substances from various surfaces.
We have written a guide on what to look for in a cleaning machine and have also reviewed the Top 10 Steam Cleaners of 2020.
4 Key elements to be included in the Steam Cleaner 2020 programme
- Surface cleaning. Some steam cleaners are only designed for cleaning the floor, others are designed for cleaning small areas. Some work on different surfaces, large and small.
- Tank Type. A feature to be taken into account is the continuous filling of the tank or boiler. This means that there are two tanks, so if one of them is empty, you don’t have to fill it immediately and wait for it to warm up. The size of the bus or water tank must also be taken into account.
- Accessories and applications. The more accessories and attachments the vacuum cleaner is equipped with, the more versatile it is. Some models have only one broom cushion, while others have a range of hoses, brushes, cushions, etc.
- Water temperature and pressure. The higher the temperature of the steam cleaner, the hotter the steam. This means that the drier the cleaner, the more likely the steam cleaner is to disinfect and decontaminate surfaces. The high pressure also leads to deeper cleaning.
Checks the Top 10 Steam Cleaners 2020
Bissell PowerFresh steam mopMop
The Bissell PowerFresh Steam mop is designed to only disinfect and clean different hard and sealed floors with steam. The mop says it can kill more than 99% of bacteria with steam.
The steam mop heats up in just 30 seconds, making it a good choice for someone who is on the move and wants to clean quickly. Because it is only designed for use on hard floors and surfaces, it is not a good choice if you are looking for carpet cleaners.
After starting and heating the steam broom, steam is supplied continuously and not as required.
- The surface is free from: Waterproof hard surfaces (linoleum, waterproof marble, waterproof hardwood, tiles, ceramics).
- Tank Type: Unique removable water tank.
- Access/accessories: Comes with a soft microfibre cushion, a cleaning cushion and discs scented by the spring wind.
- Water temperature and pressure: It doesn’t say that.
The Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop works on hard surfaces and is ideal for people with many hard floors in the house. It heats up quickly, comes with various accessories and has a 23-foot power cord.
Bag vacuum cleaner with steam cleaner for hard floors
Like Bissell’s PowerFresh steam mop, it claims to kill more than 99% of bacteria and other germs. It is intended for use on hard surfaces, including hardwood floors.
The shark steam pouch uses steam when needed, which means that no permanent steam is produced. You must press the release button to let the steam escape. This can be a positive or negative factor, depending on how fast you work and how quickly your fingers get tired of constantly pressing a button.
Steam bag manufacturers do not specify the exact temperature at which the steam heats up, but claim that the steam dries almost immediately, reducing the risk of water damage.
- The surface is free from: Waterproof hard surfaces (linoleum, waterproof marble, waterproof hardwood, tiles, ceramics).
- Tank Type: Only one removable water tank (450 ml capacity).
- Access/accessories: Comes with a double-sided microfibre cushion.
- Water temperature and pressure: It doesn’t say that.
The Shark Hard Floor Steam Cleaner is a good choice for people who have a lot of hard floors in their home. It has an extra long cable that makes it possible to work on a large area without problems.
McCulloch MC1275 High performance steam cleaner
The McCulloch Steam Canister Cleaner works on a wide variety of surfaces, from floors to grids and from appliances to cars. Ideal for someone who is looking for a powerful steam cleaner, but also for someone who doesn’t want to limit themselves to cleaning floors.
The McCulloch steam cleaner works on surfaces such as ceramic tiles, mortar, airtight wood, laminate and granite. It comes with 18 accessories, making it a truly versatile cleaning tool.
Accessories include a moptip for windscreen wipers, wipers, nylon brushes and scrapers. Nozzles are connected to the 48-pound water tank by means of a 9-foot steam hose.
Because the McCulloch steam cleaner has a tank big enough to deliver steam for 45 minutes, it’s the ideal choice for anyone looking for a cleaner that can handle tough jobs.
- The surface is free from: Hard and waterproof floors, granite, concrete, household appliances, wheels, cars, grids.
- Tank Type: Water tank, 48 ounces.
- Access/accessories: 18 accessories : Carrying handle, steam nozzle, 2 handle extensions, broom head, microfibre pads, water funnel, measuring cup, squeegee, triangular brush, 5 nylon utensils, brass tool brush and vacuum bag.
- Water temperature and pressure: 200 plus degrees Fahrenheit. The pressure is 43 psi. Steam speed 33-37 g/min. The steam cleaner heats up in 8 minutes.
Through the combination of accessories, the McCulloch steam cleaner can perform a wide range of tasks, from cleaning dirt from the floor to removing dirt and grease from grid surfaces. If you are looking for a flexible and versatile steam cleaner, this is exactly what you need.
PurSteamHand Steam Cleaner with Accessory Set 9.
If you’re dreaming of strolling around the house and cleaning steam one day, the PurSteam manual pressure steam cleaner may not be right for you.
Of course, this is a hand cleanser, which makes it slightly more portable than the cartridge models. But it is a plug-in model that limits the range of use to about 2 meters from the base.
However, the PurSteam steam cleaner works on different surfaces. It can be used for indoor and outdoor materials, from cotton and wool carpets in toilets and car hoods to door frames.
The PurSteam steam cleaner claims to deliver up to 30% more steam than other manual cleaners. The water heats up in 3-4 minutes.
- The surface is free from: Sealed hard floors, carpet, ceramic tiles, granite, washable wallpaper.
- Tank Type: Unique water bottle, capacity 350 ml.
- Access/accessories: Comes with nine accessories, including : Extension hose, measuring cup, funnel, ironing brush, nylon brush, curved brush head, ironing brush cloth.
- Water temperature and pressure: Pressure: 3 bar. The temperature is not specified.
The PurSteam manual pressurised steam cleaner is portable, but still depends on a power outlet and is ideal for small jobs that can be carried out close to a power source.
What distinguishes the Oreck Steam-It steam floorcloth from other floorcloths on the market is that it comes with different extensions, allowing the floorcloth to be used on more than one floor.
Another difference is that this is a dry steam cleaner, which means that the unit can be heated sufficiently to produce dry steam. This makes it possible to clean a greater variety of hard surfaces. The steam mop also works upside down, so it can be used on worktops or walls without spilling water from the tank.
One of the most useful features of the Steam-It mop is that it is equipped with universal pliers. The mop comes with four microfibre cushions, but you also have the option of attaching your own towels with clips.
- The surface is free from: Hard surfaces such as sealed hardwood, marble, linoleum. Not recommended for fine silk, velvet, fine plastics, unsealed hardwood, technical hardwood floors, laminates, ceilings, plasterboard and for painting cars on the outside. It is also not recommended for heat-sensitive materials, electronic devices or objects that consume electricity.
- Tank Type: Steam continues.
- Access/accessories: Supplied with a set of four-piece holders and four microfibre cloths/brushes.
- Water temperature and pressure: The exact temperature is not given, but it is a steam mop.
The Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop is ideal for people who want to thoroughly clean their floors and other surfaces without the risk of water damage.
Steam Mop and Symphonic VacuumBissel
The Bissell Symphonic Mop and Steam Vacuum are perfect for the man who wants to kill two birds with one stone. It combines a vacuum cleaner with a steam broom, i.e. it vacuums up dust and dirt and disinfects your floor surfaces at the same time.
Bissella Symphony is designed for hard surfaces, so it’s not a solution for everyone (this work is for people who have carpets).
With the Bissell Symphony you can choose between steam, suction and combination. Steam is used as required, so that the mop does not give off a constant stream of steam when switched on.
- The surface is free from: Hard floors such as linoleum, granite, marble, waterproof wood and tiles.
- Tank Type: The water tank has a capacity of 12.8 ounces. Steam on demand.
- Access/accessories: Comes with a mop and a mop.
- Water temperature and pressure: It doesn’t say that.
If you want to save one step when cleaning hard floors, the Bissell Symphony can be your choice. Otherwise it is a mop without redundancy, as it comes with only two accessories and does not have a particularly large water tank.
McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Box Steam cooling system
The McCulloch Deluxe Canister Steam System is designed for heavy-duty applications. It heats water up to 200 degrees and uses high pressure (58 psi) to remove soot and dirt from various surfaces.
If you are looking for a steam cleaner that works both inside and out, this is the solution for you. It comes with many accessories (23) and has a half litre water tank. Buck needs time to warm up, but as soon as he’s finished, he’ll provide steam for almost two hours without interruption.
If you don’t need so much steam or pressure, McCulloch will really give you a chance to get it back.
- The surface is free from: Most types of flooring, street furniture, cars and boats, barbecues, tiles, lawn equipment.
- Tank type: 64-ounce water tank, provides 120 minutes of continuous steam.
- Access/accessories: Contains 23 accessories, including a large mop, scraper, triangular brush, large brush, extension cord, scraper, universal brushes and round brushes.
- Water temperature and pressure: Temperature: 200+ degrees Fahrenheit, 4 bar (58 psi) pressure.
If you’re looking for a powerful steam cleaner for the toughest jobs, the McCulloch Deluxe Canister Steam System is for you. The only disadvantage is that you have to stay close to the power source because it has an 18-foot cable.
PureClean XL Rental Steam cleaner
PureClean XL Rolling Steam Clean has much in common with McCulloch models, including a relatively large water tank (1.5 litres) and numerous accessories.
It claims to work on internal and external surfaces and does not only work on hard surfaces. You can also use the PureClean steam cleaner for upholstery and carpets. It is an excellent choice for those looking for a flexible steam cleaner and for those looking for something heavier than a portable model or mop.
- The surface is free from: Sealed hard floors, washable wallpaper, ceramic tiles, cotton and wool carpets.
- BoxType: 1,5 litre boiler, provides 45 minutes of continuous steam.
- Access/accessories: Includes a mop tip, two mop tips, a steam tip, extension cables, scrapers, universal brushes and scrubbing pads.
- Water temperature and pressure: The temperature is not specified and the steam flow rate is 1.2 oz/min.
Although it claims to be very versatile, one of the disadvantages of PureClean XL Rolling Steam Clean is that it only has a 16-foot cord that can restrict where you roll it. On the other hand, the cleaner is guaranteed for 5 years.
Light mop N
One of the advantages of the Light N Easy Steam Mop is that it can do more than just clean your floors. It is equipped with a built-in manual steam cooker and comes with a flexible steam extension hose.
The flexibility of the steam cleaner makes it the ideal choice for anyone looking for a versatile cleaner for easy work. You don’t take N Easy Light with you to a shop or garage, but you can easily use it in your bathroom, living room or kitchen.
The steam mop has an 11.5 ounce water tank that heats up in just 30 seconds and produces steam at a temperature of 284 degrees Fahrenheit. It has three levels of steam that determine the duration of cleaning. At the lowest level, you can boost the steam for up to 25 minutes. The highest setting halves the time.
- The surface is free from: Glass, waterproof hard floors, stainless steel, cement and waterproof tiles, carpet.
- Canister type: 340 ml water tank.
- Access/accessories: Scraper, steam nozzle, steam extension hose, mop nozzle and microfibre hand nozzle.
- Water temperature and pressure: Steam 284 degrees Fahrenheit. No pressure specified.
If you’re looking for a steam mop that’s a little more flexible and versatile than the other options available, Light N Easy might be just what you need. It is easy to use and can easily be moved from room to room.
Sometimes the simplest is the best. The O-cedar microfibre steam mop does not disturb the bells and whistles too much. It promises to kill more than 99% of bacteria like e. Escherichia coli. It heats up in 20 seconds. He only weighs five pounds.
And all for O-Sedar. But if you’re looking for a simple tool to quickly clean floors, this may be just what you need.
- The surface is free from: Hard surfaces, carpet with attached glider.
- Tank type: 400 ml water tank.
- Access/accessories: Comes with two microfibre cushions and a carpet glide.
- Water temperature and pressure: It doesn’t say that. Steam production can reach 23 g/min at the highest setting.
It does not win a prize for the most innovative steam cleaner, but if you are looking for something to clean your floors and freshen up your carpets, the O-Cedar steam floorcloth is worth a look.
For more information on steam jokes, see our list of the best 2020 steam jokes.
Steam cleaners Purchase guide 2020
Advantages of the steam cleaner
Why would you buy the best steam cleaner? Compared to other cleaning methods, steam cleaning has many advantages. These benefits include the following:
- Cleaning without chemicals. In steam cleaners, heated water removes hard stains or sticky dirt from the floor. You can eliminate or significantly reduce the need for aggressive chemical cleaning agents in the household.
- Less space required. If you’ve ever struggled with a dirty, wet mop and a bucket of soapy water, you’ll appreciate the relative ease of the steam cleaner. If you use a mop, you can throw your head into the wash at the end of the cleaning process.
- Kills bacteria/jerma. The steam is hot enough to kill most of the bacteria, fungi and other germs that can be found on your floors or upholstered furniture.
- Combines allergens. If you have allergies, steam cleaning at home is a good way to remove them and make it easier for you to breathe.
- Less expensive in the long term. Although you will have to pay the initial cost of the steam cleaner, it may become less expensive over time as you only need tap water to use it. You don’t have to buy new bottles of detergent all the time.
- Fast order processing. The steam generated by steam cleaners is effective enough to remove stains that you can get in less time during the cleaning process.
Steam cleaners Type Not all steam cleaners are manufactured in the same way. In fact, some of them are specifically designed to perform certain tasks, while others are intended for different tasks. The type of steam cleaner you eventually buy depends on where and how you use it.
- Pug. The steam mop looks like a vacuum cleaner with a stick and works in exactly the same way. Usually a water tank is attached to the mop bracket or placed in the mop housing. At the bottom of the mop there is usually a removable pillow. If you are particularly interested in using your steam cleaner on your home floor, this may be the steam cleaner you need.
- Manual Steam Cleaners. The manual steam cleaner is generally the smallest type of steam cleaner. They are generally very portable and can be powered by batteries. Although a hand cleaner can be used to clean stains on floors, it is generally more suitable for cleaning upholstered furniture and flat surfaces than for cleaning large surfaces.
- Steam cleaner for buses. The cartridge steam cleaner, also called cylinder steam cleaner, is one of the largest types of cleaning equipment. An essential feature of the can cleaner is a separate water tank. Usually the water tank of a can or cylinder steam cleaner is much larger than that of a mop or hand cleaner.
Another important feature of the bus steam cleaner is that it often has different nozzles. The choice of accessories allows you to use the cleaner on different surfaces, such as carpet, upholstery or hard floors.
- Steam cleaners. Steam cleaners are often similar to cartridge or cylinder steam cleaners. What distinguishes them from other options is the type of steam they produce. Steam cleaners produce dry steam. Steam cleaners can heat water to a temperature at which only steam comes into contact with the surfaces to be cleaned. This means that after using a steam cleaner you do not have to wait until your floors are dry.
Tips for using the steam cleaner
Safety tips for the use of the steam cleaner Safety tips for the use of the steam cleaner
If you’ve ever been burned by boiling water or steam, you know the steam is hot. Even steam cleaners that are not heated enough to produce dry steam often heat the water to temperatures above 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
When using a steam cleaner it is good to pay attention to your safety and comfort. First of all, it is a good idea to limit the amount of naked skin that is released when cleaning with a steam cleaner. Wear long sleeves and long trousers and work gloves if you want to clean a large area. Depending on where you work and how close the steam is to your face, it may also be a good idea to wear protective glasses.
If you have children or pets at home, make sure they do not interfere with your steam cleaning. You don’t want a little kid or a curious animal spilling the steam cleaner, and you don’t want them disturbing a hot couple.
If you are not using the steam cleaner, switch it off or unplug it from the mains. This may seem common sense, but you’d be surprised how often people forget. It is also advisable to switch off the steamer before filling the water tank or replacing the accessory.
Where steam cleaners may be used
Although most surfaces can be steam cleaned, not all surfaces can or should be steam cleaned. Wood is a good example of a surface that can be steam cleaned, but not in all cases.
Normally, sealed wooden surfaces can be safely steam cleaned without causing damage. Unsealed wooden surfaces or floors can absorb water generated by steam and can become deformed or damaged.
It is also useful to pay attention to the weather conditions when hovering outdoors, especially if you have to clean sensitive materials. For example, you can use a damp cloth to clean windows or mirrors.
But glass is very sensitive to temperature fluctuations. If you try to break through a window on a cold day, you may get a crushing surprise.
Otherwise, most materials in your home can usually be steam cleaned safely and effectively. Here is a short list of places where you can use the steam cleaner:
- On the carpets
- On tiled floors
- On sealed hardwood floors
- On the carpet
- On mattresses
- On laminated work surfaces
- On sealed granite worktops
- On glass
- On the terrace of the furniture
- On the upholstery of your car.
If you have a steam or dry cleaner, your steam cleaning options will open up a little. For example, a dry steam cleaner can generally be used on unsealed surfaces, including unsealed wood, marble and concrete surfaces.
Here are some places and things you don’t want the ferry to be cleaned:
- Musical instruments
- Delicate fabrics (e.g. silk).
- Painted walls
- cardboard or paper surfaces
How to use the steam cleaner
When using a steam cleaner, be it a mop, handheld or cartridge cleaner, it is advisable to remove dirt or residues.
The steam cleaner will not be able to wipe out dust and dirt on its own. So you can vacuum carpet, sweep hard floors or clean furniture or curtains.
When using the steam cleaner on the floor, start at the furthest corner of the entrance. When using a hand cleaner to clean a vertical surface, start at the top and work from top to bottom.
If you start from the entrance or from the top, you don’t have to go through the cleaned rooms and you don’t have to go back to polish.
Make sure you have all the accessories and attachments needed to use your steam cleaner before you leave. If you clean a large part of the floor with a steam mop, you will probably need more than one mop.
Replace the mop if it looks dirty or if you change from one type of floor (e.g. hardwood) to another (e.g. tile).
Frequently asked questions about steam cleaners
Can I use tap water in a steam cleaner?
Most steam cleaners run on old tap water. If you have hard water, it is generally advisable to use filtered or distilled water to prevent mineral accumulation in the cleaner.
Can I use soap or detergent with a steam cleaner?
In general, this is not recommended. Steam cleaners are designed to work with water only. Adding soap or detergent can ruin the appliance.
Do steam cleaners really work?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Steam is known for its ability to kill things as unpleasant as bacteria and fungi. Steam cleaning is also an effective way to kill bedbugs.
Is there anything I shouldn’t clean on the ferry?
Yes, there are many surfaces that should not be fogged up. Anything that can be damaged by water is generally not suitable for steam cleaning. This also applies to unsealed wood and stone surfaces.
Do I need to buy a hand dryer, mop or tank steamer?
It really depends on you and your cleaning needs. A cartridge steam cleaner generally offers the greatest versatility, but can be more than necessary. A mop is fine if you only want the floors to float. Portable models are ideal for small spaces as they do not require a lot of memory.
Why do steam cleaners not always work on carpet?
Steam cleaners are often confused with carpet cleaners, although the two are very different. Sometimes a steam cleaner can be used on a carpet, especially if it is equipped with a glider. Otherwise it can be difficult to maneuver the cleaner onto the carpet.
Our list of top 10 steam cleaners and steam cleaner reviews is our choice for research and testing. If you have another cleaner that you think should be on the list, or if you have a comment about one of the machines on the list, please let us know in the comments.
best high pressure steam cleaner,simbr steam cleaner
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.